Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Two Cents Worth

As I've been reading, watching the news, and so on. Regarding the Covid-19. The feds need to step off up out of this one. They should be helping the healthcare community in whatever means to get virus strategically grappled with. This one's not about monetary gain. It's not about who wins the war. It's not a war. It should be solely about humans beings. This is not some Alex Jones wackadoo stuff. If you think that's the case I can assure you that’s not, and I feel deep pity for you. This is not about politics. This is about something so much deeper. No, It's not about religion. This is a global healthcare issue. This puts the American Healthcare System front and center. I have my opinions on the healthcare system. They have all this technology. I personally have spent some time in the healthcare community as a patient. It is extremely flawed in some areas. Their advancements are great. But I think cancer should have been cured a long time ago... Do you understand the take away here? Things are about to get real. Humanity should start praying real hard regardless of personal beliefs. Praying to whoever you so choose to pray to. I am personally trying to stay home as much as humanly possible during this time of global upheaval. Recently, a family member had gone to the grocery store... They struck up a conversation with the cashier.... asked him when the trucks come in. He said to be here at 6am Thursday. They gave him $20 and said “hold 2 dozen eggs, some Lysol, and 2 packs of toilet paper for them, and when they come back Thursday morning they’ll give you another $20. So they went back Thursday morning and sure enough, he’s got all the stuff. But then as they were walking out this woman who was easily in her 80’s saw the toilet paper in my cart she got really excited and asked if there was a lot of toilet paper. They told her that there actually wasn’t anymore... she burst into tears because she had been looking every day at every store and her husband was having chemotherapy and they were out of toilet paper and he can’t go in places because he is immune-compromised. So they gave her their TP and Lysol, and now they need to find more. I don’t tell that story to be boastful. I tell it because right now is a time when we should all as human beings be leading be example regardless of personal creed, race, and so forth. I have never seen grocery store shelves so terribly bare. As a small female, I don’t consume a great amount of food. My stomach would probably burst if I tried. If you can afford to help someone with their groceries be kind and buy their groceries. If you have food and need a few things but end up putting more in your cart then needed and someone else appears to be in need of food share yours with them. We are all at a pivotal time in this country and globally. Let’s all as humans try to be selfless, not selfish!!

No comments: